Ukraine Prepares Counteroffensive, Russia Appears In Disarray | Russia Ukraine War Live Updates
- President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has met with the heads of foreign missions and international organisations accredited in Ukraine on 22 February and briefed them on Kyiv's foreign policy plans for 2024. *Source*: Ukraine's President's Office, as reported by European Pravda *Details*: Zelenskyy thanked foreign diplomats for staying in Ukraine during Russia’s full-scale invasion and stressed the need to make efforts in 2024 to bring an end to the war. The president explained that to […]
- Ukraine's Defence Intelligence has stated that deputies from the unrecognised republic of Transnistria have no plans to ask Russian President Vladimir Putin about the accession of the Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic to Russia at an upcoming congress. *Source*: Andrii Yusov, spokesman for Ukraine's Defence Intelligence, in a comment for Ukrainska Pravda; Ukrainska Pravda source *Quote from Yusov:* "According to our information, the claim that on 28 February the Transnistrian ‘authorities’ are going to ask […]
- UK targets Russian military with further sanctions/news/uk-68371974,,The latest measures follow sanctions against Russian prison bosses after Alexei Navalny's death.
- Little Britain': How Russian media mocked UK missile failure/news/world-68369556,,After news of the failed test leaks, Russian media wastes little time in ridiculing the UK.
- EU Council President assures Zelenskyy of EU support on the eve of Russian invasion's second anniversary – photoCharles Michel, President of the European Council, spoke by phone with Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, assuring him of financial and military support for Ukraine. *Source: *Michel on Twitter (X), as reported by European Pravda *Quote: *"Spoke with President Zelenskyy ahead of the 2-year anniversary of Russia’s full scale war against his country and people, and the 10th anniversary of Russia’s illegal annexation of Ukraine’s Crimea." Spoke with President @ZelenskyyUa ahead of the 2-year […]
- Ukraine’s 3rd Separate Assault Brigade has posted a video showing a nighttime battle on the Avdiivka front and reported that it killed 35 Russian soldiers and captured nine more during the night. *Source*: 3rd Separate Assault Brigade on Telegram *Quote*: "In attempts to storm our positions on the Avdiivka front, the enemy conducted several landings close to the trenches. Fighters immediately called for fire support and the enemy’s landing site was targeted by […]
- The Saeima of Latvia (Latvia's parliament) has approved amendments to the law "On the Development of Villages and Agriculture" that prohibit imports of agricultural products from Russia and Belarus. *Source: *Delfi *Details: *The law prohibits the import or export of agricultural and feed products from Russia and Belarus to Latvia, even if the products are imported from other third countries. The law will take effect after it is promulgated by the president. The […]